My rough idea: Valkyries

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

My rough idea: Valkyries

Postby Bowyer2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Today I would like to show you guys one of my rough ideas that I had for a while. I hope you guys like it.

Valkyries is a glorified mini-giantesses cult who choose those who may die, and often raided travellers in the woods at night, dressed as a Viking warrior-maidens. They were brutal and aggressive, and their main concern in life was war.

Valkyries were believed to be the priestesses of Odin, who officiated at sacrificial rites in which prisoners-of-war were executed (‘’given to Odin’’). These priestesses sometimes carried out the gruesome sacrifices themselves, which involved the use of a ritual spear. Since it was often decided by lot which prisoners should be killed, the idea that the God ‘’chose’’ his victims, through the instrument of the priestesses. These rituals had given rise to legends about such women, who must have been kept apart from their kind due to their gruesome duties. Villagers in the early medieval times lived in great fear of Valkyries attacks.

The inspiration came from the origins and development of Valkyries were Germanic paganism and the Norse mythology. Valkyries is one of a host of female figures who choose the most heroic of the warriors, who had died in battle and to carry them off to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin. In heathen times they were far more sinister. It appears that from ‘’early times’’ the Germanic people ‘’believed in fierce female spirits doing the command of the war God, stirring up disorder, taking part in battle, seizing and devouring the slain.’’

The meaning of their name, ‘’choosers of the slain,’’ refers not only to choosing who gain admittance to Valhalla, but also to their choosing who dies in battle and using malicious magic to ensure that their preference in this regard are brought to fruition.

So what do you guys think?
Bowyer2
Participator

Re: My rough idea: Valkyries

Postby SamuelOrona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:03 pm

It sounds good. Are you an artist or writer? Or both? I would like to see a comic book based on your concept.
I'm a writer/artist interested in making non-fatal giantess vore comics
Visit my website: http://www.samuelorona.com
SamuelOrona
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rendezvore » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:52 am

I love pretty much anything about valkyries. I have a waifu shrine shelf for Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile.
Slightly confused by which parts are your ideas and which parts are from base mythology. I've not heard of a more sinister version of shield maidens, but I don't doubt that it could be an interesting twist to the legend.

Only thing that concerns me is the phrasing of paganism and heathenism as almost sounding like bad terms, but I might be looking too far into that. Even so, might be better to work toward a more fantasy world design or alternate fictional history rather than working with real world religions and cultures, cause that can get kind of tricky. Or, at least, a light disclaimer, of sorts.

Overall, you have this super valkyrie lover's enthusiasm and support! Want to hear more, most definitely! :-D
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Bowyer2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:38 am

SamuelOrona wrote:It sounds good. Are you an artist or writer? Or both? I would like to see a comic book based on your concept.

I would love to be a artist but sadly I haven't went to art school yet. So for now I like to do creative writing and writing rough ideas.
Last edited by Bowyer2 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bowyer2
Participator

Postby Bowyer2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:55 am

Rendezvore wrote:I love pretty much anything about valkyries. I have a waifu shrine shelf for Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile.
Slightly confused by which parts are your ideas and which parts are from base mythology. I've not heard of a more sinister version of shield maidens, but I don't doubt that it could be an interesting twist to the legend.

Only thing that concerns me is the phrasing of paganism and heathenism as almost sounding like bad terms, but I might be looking too far into that. Even so, might be better to work toward a more fantasy world design or alternate fictional history rather than working with real world religions and cultures, cause that can get kind of tricky. Or, at least, a light disclaimer, of sorts.

Overall, you have this super valkyrie lover's enthusiasm and support! Want to hear more, most definitely! :-D

My apologies for confusion. What I meant to say that inspiration is the combination of both sinister Germanic paganism and Norse mythology. Also Valkyries will be took place in fantasy like settings, I thought an all- women cult was a good idea and would make the story interesting.
Bowyer2
Participator

Postby Bowyer2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 pm

I want to let you guys know that I have few more ideas that I would like to show you. It isn't a vore comic or anything but if you guys were interest, I'll be happy to show you them.
Bowyer2
Participator

Postby Loranna » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:22 pm

I'm working on a fiction series with similar ideas regarding the Valkyries, one of whom will be the main protagonist. ^_^

Part of the fun will be (at least for me), though the Valkyries in my setting have "moved on" to their more Nordic mein, they still have the original Germanic heathen nature under it - so they're both predatory and protective, devouring the slain while choosing those who will go on to be reborn in Valhalla and Sessrumnir.

Loranna
Loranna
New to the forum

Postby Bowyer2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Loranna wrote:I'm working on a fiction series with similar ideas regarding the Valkyries, one of whom will be the main protagonist. ^_^

Part of the fun will be (at least for me), though the Valkyries in my setting have "moved on" to their more Nordic mein, they still have the original Germanic heathen nature under it - so they're both predatory and protective, devouring the slain while choosing those who will go on to be reborn in Valhalla and Sessrumnir.

Loranna

That's sound like fun. I would like to see your work.
Bowyer2
Participator

Return to Work to be shared!